We take your privacy very seriously. Please read the following to learn more about the privacy policies of insectrepellentclothing.com and its owner (collectively, “Insect Repellent Clothing”).
- This policy covers how Insect Repellent Clothing treats personal information that Insect Repellent Clothing collects and receives, including information related to your past use of our site and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Insect Repellent Clothing does not own or control, or to people that Insect Repellent Clothing does not employ or manage.
- This document should be read together with our Terms & Conditions, and our Copyright Policy, both of which may be referred to in this document.
Information Collection and Use
- If you are merely a visitor to our site (a “Visitor”), we may collect personal information when you visit our pages.
- If you are a Visitor, we may receive and record information on server logs from your browser, including your IP address and “session cookie” information. What is known as a “session cookie” is placed on your computer for the duration of your visit. It’s primary use is to optimize your time on the website – make pages load faster, optimize caching time, know which page was your previous page, so we can send you back there faster. It also sets your site status as a “visitor”, which means there’s certain pages you cannot access, including forum comment creation pages and membership pages, and the like. The cookie is disabled once you leave the website and close down your browser. The next time you visit us, you’re completely anonymous again, and we put a new session cookie on your computer. This tool provides us with pertinent information – not about you, but about the numbers you represent – it counts the pages you visit, it counts the times someone from your IP (it could be you, it could be someone else on your ISP) visit the site, it counts the amount of kilobytes you’re responsible for downloading from the site. It also looks to see what link you clicked to arrive at this site. (known as ‘referrer’). One thing it doesn’t do is personally identify you for our records – you are more or less “anonymous”. Many websites use “cookies” to target specific ads your way, registered or not. Currently, we do not do that.
- Visitors are not required to register with us in order to view the publicly available portions of our website. However, registration with us will give you access to additional features not available to Visitors, such as the ability to post comments and messages, to engage in private messaging, to email fellow users, to post Event Information, and the like.
- Advertiser Provided Information: We may provide advertisers with a wealth of information about our users, but none of it identifies who you are, and none of it is personal and confidential information about any specific person. We tell advertisers, upon request, the following information: how many total members the site has; how many views we have for (i) the site, (ii) for sections, or (iii) particular pages or topics; how many visitor sessions we have in a day, a week, a month, or a year; how many times their specific ads have been viewed and clicked; and from time to time, we let them know other site traffic numbers and information on a general basis.
- Site Advertisers or Sponsors:We run an advertising system managed by GoogleAdsSense. This advertising sytems provides advertisers with a very low cost way of getting the message out about their products and offerings to you, a “targeted market”. It also lets advertisers control their own ads, so if they want to run a special one week, they can.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Insect Repellent Clothing does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- Our site and service is complicated. As such, it is possible that we may inadvertently make uses or disclosures of your information in ways not contemplated by, or in direct contravention of, this policy. No software is hack-proof; if it exists on the Internet, the best we can do is make it “hack resistant”. In addition, although highly unlikely, it is possible for Internet transmissions containing your personal information to be intercepted by others. It is impossible for Insect Repellent Clothing to ensure the privacy and security of all transmissions made to and from the site while in transit.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees and consultants who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- Insect Repellent Clothing may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Insect Repellent Clothing account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
- If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us.